Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Halloween Anime Vibes

Hello friends!! Hope your day/night/evening is going well! As we all know Halloween is coming up fast. Now is the time to watch Halloween related shows/movies...specifically speaking anime shows/movies! Around this time of year I always want to find new animes that fall under horror, mystery, supernatural and just that good old Halloween spirit vibe. I wanted to make a list up of some shows/movies that I love to watch around this time and would recommend if you are into the genres I spoke of above. *These are in no particular order. And I decided to do a whole other post specific to vampire animes. So any animes that are vampire related won't be in this post.*


1. Another - {horror, mystery, psychological, supernatural} I really enjoyed this anime! Its very eerie and it keeps you watching. I will warn those who don't like gore though, this definitely has that, blood spewing about and all. I really like the characters and their design and overall the scenery and camera shots in this anime are really nice. Not to mention the music...that kind that makes you think something is about to happen...I freak myself out easily but there are no jump scares in this anime, that I can remember anyway haha. However creepy it is I love it. I really like the ending song. It is a very nice contrast to the rest of the background music you hear in a sense.
This anime is about a boy named Koichi Sasakibara who just recently transfers to a new school and is put into class 3 that has a very odd atmosphere. There he is drawn to a girl name Mei Misaki and come to find out know one else is aware of her existence.



2. Death Note - {drama, mystery, psychological, supernatural, thriller...JUSTICE.} This is like by far one of my favorite animes!!! I could put like 1,000 gifs from this show. Everything about it is amazing. The storyline, characters, design style, plot...omg I could go on and on. If you haven't seen this and have been like living under a rock...*cough* this is a MUST WATCH. No matter the season. It is basically about a boy named Light Yagami who is a total smarty. One day a particular book falls from the sky (the Death Note) and thus starts the story. I don't want to say anymore so you just need to watch but for those who have seen it....L is my favorite he is so cute and odd af but I love him! This show will always have you guessing and trying to figure out whats next, but just when you think you know, you don't.





3. Death Parade {drama, mystery, psychological} So this is more recent anime that came out at the beginning of this year. THE OPENING TO THIS ANIME tho. I kid you not, it is like one the most fun and amazing anime openings I have seen in a while. I love the song sooo much! And the fluid movement in the opening is just...yeah you need to go watch it. The story starts in this place called Quindecim where we meet a man named Decim who is an arbiter. It is a place were people are observed after death, who don't realize they're dead, and then judged on how they react during a "death game" they must play. Once judged, Decim makes the decision which one will be reincarnated and which will be sent to the eternal void. It again is another very interesting story and keeps you watching and wanting to figure the story out. I really love the 2 main characters in this story! Feels will take over.





4. Tokyo Ghoul {action, drama, horror, supernatural, gore} We have another great anime here on out hands with 2 seasons...{tons of speculation and rumors about a 3rd season but nothing has been officially made clear or stated yet}. This one is also about a boy named Kaneki Ken who is attending collage. He often visits a cafe were he meets a girl named Rize, who is of the same age, and has a lot in common with Kaneki. However what Kaneki doesn't know is Rize is a ghoul, a monster that survives on eating human flesh. An unfortunate incident takes place and now Kaneki is a ghoul himself. Forced to see the world in a knew way and learning about many secrets, Kaneki's life is turned upside down. I love everything about this anime. The characters are drawn hot af and designed very well. I really love the opening and ending art work. Music is amazing. And here is another warning for this is a gory, twisted anime.


5. Shinsekai Yori {adventure, horror, fantasy, drama, psychological} This anime...I just finished watching it the other day and it left me feeling very sad that it was over. It is a great anime that will take you on a roller coster of emotions. The camera shots and scenery in this anime are stunning as well as the character design. And unlike a lot of animes, you get to see the characters grow up and see them at different stages of life which I really enjoy. It mainly focuses around a girl named Saki and her 4 friends. This is years into future Japan and everyone has the cursed power of telekinesis. The group of friends at the age of 12, are put into group 1 of their class. Things begin to unravel and the group of friends start seeing the world is not as it seems. You go on a journey with them and learn the many mysteries that lie ahead about the world they live in.
*Kind of spoilers* Now this anime has yuri and yaoi in it, which I didn't know until I watched it. Its only one part of the anime that you actually see things and then it just gets mentioned or there are only little clips or snippets of it in the rest. I am not a big fan of those kinds of animes but please don't let that stop you from watching it even if you are not into that either. I was mainly upset because I was really die-hard set on my otp of the show and they didn't exactly end up together which I was like WHY they so perfect together!!! However I was ok with who ended up together in the last episode. So all in all I would highly recommend this anime. It was very pleasing to watch and will keep you interested. 
You are going to yell and be like WTF is going on! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!! Patience my precious....patience. ;) XD


Movies

Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade
{Comedy, fantasy} 
This movie is sooo magical, fun and a good laugh. Slice of life, with young girls learning about friendship and working together. Its perfect for this time of year to get into that magical witch vibe for Halloween. It is done by the same animation company that did Kill La Kill. Mainly about 3 friends Akko, Sucy, and Lotte and how they are put in charge of this years parade celebrating witches for their town's festival. Its a nice little movie for all ages.
This is the 2nd movie to the first. Which I didn't realize until now that there is another movie, which is actually the 1st movie. lol, oops. But I watched it and understood what was going on without seeing the first so I guess it doesn't matter the order. According to Anime News Network, the first movie is just called Little Witch Academia if you want to find and watch it in order.



Kiki's Delivery Service 
{adventure, drama, magic}


A classic for all ages! Love this movie along
with many other Miyazaki films. This one is another witchy one to also get you into that vibe. I am planning on doing my own take on witch this year so these totally get me in the mood. hehe. So again if you have been living under a rock, chances are you've seen this. For those poor unfortunate souls who haven't graced their eyes with this heavily detailed beauty of a movie it is about a young girl named Kiki and her cat Jiji. It is Kiki's 13th birthday which is the day she begins her witch training. She flys out to a new town to learn how to make a living on her own. Its so cute and her cat Jiji is the best and soo funny. This is a must watch!!

The list for these kinds of animes is forever growing larger. I don't really want to write about all of them cause then this post would be forever long and I'm really bad at writing brief summaries and it probably is already too long. SO SORRY! I just wanted to name a few really good ones.
 Here are a few others that I recommend checking out: 

*for these I will list the sort of theme with a few genres to give you an idea of the show*
  • Parasyte: The Maxim {action, drama, horror, psychological, romance, science fiction, alienscrimegoretragedy} - Currently playing dubbed on Toonami on Adult Swim, Saturday @ 1a.m. 
  • Amnesia {adventuredramamysteryromance, reverse-harem, bishounenparallel worlds}
  • Dusk Madien of Amnesia {comedyhorrormysteryromance, ecchi, ghostsschool}
  • Deadman Wonderland {conspiracyhuman weaponprisonactiondrama,  horrorthriller}
  • Blue Exorcist {demonsExorcistsschoolactioncomedydramasupernatural}
  • Elfen Lied {amnesiaecchigoremultiple personalitymutantssuperpowerstragedy, drama}
  • Ghost Hunt {espersexorcismghostsoccultpoltergeistpsychicsspirits, drama, horror}
  • Red Garden {life after deathsurvivaladventuredramahorrormysterythriller}
  • Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok {adventurecomedymysterysupernatural, gods, detectives}
  • Cased Closed {adventure, comedy, drama, crime, detectivemurder, police, secret identity}
I hope I have encouraged you to watch a couple of these. I love them all!! Which ones have you seen and are your favorites? Are there some I didn't list that you enjoy around this time of year? 
Thanks for reading and happy halloweeny anime watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment