Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Twilight Yellow Contact Lenses Review

Hiya! Today I am going to do a contact lenses review. I got theses a couple months ago for my cosplay and was really happy with how they turned out. I will show you the cosplay I wore them with as well as how I plan to use them for Halloween.

{Review}
Site: LensVillage
Color: VASSEN Twilight Yellow
Size: 15mm
My eye color: Dark Brown
Price: $23 + $12 expedited shipping

 When the lenses first arrived they come in 2 little tiny jars, one lenses for each eye. You also get a free cute little animal case to put/store them in. I got a cute pinky/peach hippo case! :3




Here is how they look once I put them in the case. I forgot to take pictures of them in the little jar, but its pretty easy to visualize. So, as you can see they are very bright and exactly what I wanted. 

{Me cosplaying as girl version Sesshomaru from an anime called Inuyasha. I cosplayed this at Matsuricon 2015.}
Here is another option you could use these contacts for. I got them so might as well wear them why they last. It is said contact lenses only last for 1 year but the sites recommend people only wear them 3-6 months. Here is my witchy inspired makeup without the contacts so you can see my normal eye color.
And here is the witch look with contacts. I think it really amps it up and looks creepy awesome! I think these contacts will also work well for a werwolf or anime character, Edward Elric from FullMetal Alchemist. It just adds a little more detail to any cosplay.

Let me tell you, sometimes finding lenses that show up over dark brown eyes isn't always the easiest. Most of the time they look too light which sometimes is a good thing if they blend right in with my eye and just make them look bigger. However for certain characters that have bright vibrant colored eyes I want something that has a very thick color. I guess really what makes it hard is when you find one, but their aren't reviews or pictures of them on people who have actually purchased them. Some sites will show like a model wearing them and most of the time the color doesn't look right and need more pictures to really know for sure. It all depends on what you are wanting to wear them for {cosplay/everyday wear/lolita etc}. I know lots of people do reviews now, but there isn't always one for every lenses {at least not listed on the site}. LensVillage {site I got contacts from} had 1 link for these contact lenses I got of one other person wearing them. So if you find one you like, try googling a review for that particular lenses first whether it be on a blog like this, or a YouTube video so you can actually see a person wearing them and then determine if they're right for you. I did this for these even though there was 1 other link I still wasn't sold. I found a video of this girl talking about them and showing them up close to the camera. Its not in english but that doesn't really matter since I am watching for the contacts.{Watch Video} Lenses don't come cheap and if they're not super close to what you want it could cost you more money buying more than what you originally wanted too. Not saying that some lenses sites won't possibly try and negotiate a way to give you your money back or something but who really wants to go through all that hassel.

LensVillage was super fast on shipping mainly because I paid and extra $12 for expedited shipping cause I ordered them sort of late and was afraid they wouldn't arrive on time. If I remember right I think I got it within like 10 days though. Other sites I have order from have taken as long as almost 3 weeks. So again its good to make sure you order the right ones the first time, especially if you hate waiting.

Overall I definitely recommend these contacts and website. They are really comfortable, and I experienced no discomfort wearing them. The only thing if anything is my eyes feel tired if I wear them for long periods of time which I believe to be the case with anybody. I would have eye drops on hand while walking around at a con or where ever to keep your eyes hydrated. I hope you enjoyed this review! Thanks for reading, happy cosplaying!!



No comments:

Post a Comment