Thursday, October 8, 2015

BokehSmile.

Hiya! Its been exactly a year and a couple of days since I have been on this blog. It has FINALLY been updated. TAADAAAAAAA!!! Here is my new...well more like "re-vamped" blog! So I decided to get rid of the Curious Cat Cafe...it was cute and fun but I was ready for a change. And the name was kind of made up out of the blue and didn't fit with everything else. All my social media accounts are under one name: BokehSmile. Which I made forever ago....Ok story time....and some history lol.

{My Christmas lights that I hang up in my room and an ex. of Bokeh.}
So I'm trying to remember what I first made this username for...some site and it stuck but I have always had a love for Japan and the culture and I wanted my username to have a Japanese word in it. I began looking up what a bunch of English words in Japanese mean and reading lists of Japanese words. Finally I stumble upon this word, bokeh which comes from the Japanese word boke. The word boke means "blur" or haze". The spelling for bokeh was coined in 1997 in a Photo Techniques magazine when American editor of the magazine, Mike Johnson, added the "h" to give English speakers a more correct pronunciation of the word, saying "bo" as in bone and the "ke" as in Kenneth. {Kind of like bokay is how I understand it and say it.} Bokeh and boke spelling have both been used in many photography books since 1998. It is part of photographers language in basically describing when lights such as Christmas lights for example are out of focused. If you unfocused your eyes, the lights will become little fuzzy balls of color and yeah thats bokeh. You can do this with a camera and take some really pretty photos and even film to make any video feel magical!
{A lil gif I made forever ago playing around
with my camera and a necklace.}
Then came part 2 of the name, smile. I needed something more than just bokeh, so I slapped that baby on the end and my username was born. haha! I feel I'm a pretty silly goober of a person that loves to laugh and smile so I felt that worked. So there you go...BokehSmile!!! :) I really like the name, even till this day. I am so dumb for not making my blog this name until now. I will definitely be posting more very soon!! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment